Your prayers and donations support our mission to become an AIDS-free world!
God bless you!
We invite you to save lives through donating to the United Methodist Global AIDS Advance Fund!
The United Methodist Global AIDS Fund supports the valuable ministry of the UM Global AIDS Committee, which is under the umbrella of the UM General Board of Church and Society. UMGAC is also an Advance Special Project of The United Methodist Church #982345. Please give generously and God bless you!
UMGAC’s Global Health Report March 2017
This report features three projects recently funded by the UMGAF Advance Fund! We hope you enjoy reading about these efforts that are saving lives and working to prevent babies being born with HIV. Your dollars at work!
Below are some Facts!
According to UNICEF:
- About 900 children were newly infected with HIV per day, over 90% occurring in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- 57% of pregnant women living with HIV received antiretroviral drugs to prevent them from transmitting the virus to their babies.
- Globally, only 35% of infants born to mothers living with HIV in low- and middle-income countries received an HIV test within the first two months of life.
- Only 28% of children under 15 living with HIV in low- and middle- income countries received anti-retroviral treatment for the virus, as compared with 54% for adults
The cost of therapies, non medical interventions and of combating stigma to prevent the transmission or HIV from a mother to her infant can start at about $10! Yet, every day 900 babies are born with the virus. This underscores the fact that a small gift can make a big difference to one person living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
Join a movement that can save lives, one baby at a time. Just Save One, an initiative of the United Methodist Global AIDS Fund Advance.
FACTS ABOUT HIV AND AIDS
- In 2016, 37 million people were living with HIV.
- Another 36 million people have died from the disease.
- Globally, women are increasingly affected by HIV.
- Nearly half of all HIV cases are women.
- Mother-to-Child transmission of HIV can be reduced to levels below 5% with effective interventions at multiple levels.
- About 62% of pregnant women living with HIV received the most effective drug regimens in 2012
*Source: World Health Organization
One thought on “Donate”
[…] portion of “Music for Winter” proceeds will go towards the Just Save One Campaign for the United Methodist Global AIDS Fund (UMGAF). There will be a release party for the CD at […]